Follow by Email

Friday, December 23, 2011

Color My World

My husband fashioned up a glass windowed bird feeder to hang from a tree in our yard.  We love to watch the daily bird activity and do so from the comfort of our living-room.  It's exciting to see all the different birds fly in to take their turn at the buffet, to hide their cache in the spruce trees, to peck at their previously hidden seeds and to sing their happy songs.  Our regular visitors include Sparrows, Chickadees, Whiskey Jacks (Gray Jay), Blue-Jays and Pine Grosbeaks.  They don't get along all the time but that just adds to the entertainment value afterall, there is a pecking order.

Birds look so delicate and graceful; their beautiful colors inspire the artist within me.  Mother Nature combines colors and textures in a way that makes me take notice.  Winter White on Soft Gray.  Striking Red on Jet Black.  Brilliant Blue striped with Bold Black.  The color combinations play on my mind and before I know it I'm in my studio creating something beautiful inspired by Mother Nature herself.

It's been a decent winter in Northern Alberta so far and we have but a skiff of snow.  This has enabled us to take our daily walk in the forest along the creek.  It rained the other day and the next morning when we went for our walk the frost was an inch thick and covered everything - every branch, twig, blade of grass and rose hip left over from fall.  As the sun began to shine through the trees I just had to stop and take a moment to take it all in.  Everything sparkled and all the colors of nature jumped out at me.  It was a good day to be alive!

I glean jewelry design ideas from all over the place but I never have to look further than the window to find inspiration.  Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.  Make sure you go to my website and sign my guestbook while you're there! I'd love to hear from you.  You can access my online store and blog there also.  Take some time and browse some of the jewelry I've created.  You just might find that special something you've been pining for!  Until next time, Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment