Follow by Email

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Telephone Service & Web Designers

What's the chance that all of a sudden your telephone doesn't work?  It's actually pretty good out here in the frozen north.  Two nights ago I picked up the land line receiver to make a long distance call to get help with my website.  No dial tone.  Great.  We had unusually forceful winds that evening so I assumed that there was a problem caused by that and that I could expect it to be repaired in the morning.  Just my luck we ended up with no power that night too!  Well, that was a couple of days ago and still no phone!  I have a cell phone but not a long distance plan so here I am fighting with my computer getting greyer with every attempt to work on my website. I'm so bummed out because it's perfect weather to work on the computer by a window watching snow fall.

It seemed like a great idea at the time and really quite affordable to sign up with Go Daddy.  There are pre-designed templates to use and my blog can be incorporated as well as a shopping cart for my jewelry, which is the reason in the first place to have a site.  It seemed like it would be a breeze!  But.....and there's the but......it's a lot of bloody work!  Holy Moly!  I thought studying Spanish was a challenge but website design takes the cake.  So, here's a shout out to all the web designers out there - you guys ROCK!  Not that I can afford to pay one but after trying to do it myself I realise that web designers are worth their weight in gold.  Also, the operators at the call center for Go Daddy are knowledgeable and personable and I feel very comfortable calling them and asking stupid questions!!
 
I believe that everything happens for a reason.  The phone hasn't worked for 2 days and likely won't work until next week.  Is the universe telling me to quit whining and get my brain in gear!?  Possibly.  So, if you don't hear from me for a week now you know why!  I'll be up to my eyeballs in html, ssl, and many other foreign terms to me.  I'll be so happy when my site is up and running.  All this web design is taking me away from the designing that I really love to do, which is jewelry.

Take care and Namaste!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    Thanks for the twitter follow. Had to come check out your beautiful work and your blog! This post made me laugh. It IS SOOO much work maintaining one's own website. I do the same and it takes days to do a full and thorough update. From photo editing, to coding shopping cart buttons, writing descriptions and setting up each page, I agree with you...web designers are worth their weight in gold!

    Great to meet you again and stay warm!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete