Follow by Email

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Bead Soup is Simmering!



My bead soup partner, Michelle Jensen has many irons in the fire.  She's not just an entrepreneur, she is a multipreneur!  I didn't even know that was a word!  You should get to know her and can do so by reading her blogs, Balancing Space - your guide to balanced living; and Socialcopter - you social media eye in the sky.  These are well written 'blog-a-zines' and have so much free information in them they'll make your head spin!  Great job on that Michelle and thank you!

Of course she has a website for her beautiful jewelry designs, found at 6 Petal Crafts.  Here's a shining example of her work:



Now that Michelle has received her bead soup package from me I can reveal what I sent her.  Now, if you're not sure what I'm referring to I'll remind you that I'm a participant in Lori Anderson's 5th Bead Soup Blog Party.   Lori pairs up her participants who are from all over the world, and each pair swaps an interesting focal bead and toggle along with some beads to match. Then we create something beautiful with our treasure once we receive it!  We don't know what we're receiving so it will be challenging and fun!  This is a great opportunity to get to know fellow artisans and bloggers and to make yourself better known out there in the world wide web!

  
Here are my soup ingredients sent to my partner, Michelle in the USA - a gorgeous focal bead of copper and turquoise from Tibet:


And, these are the beads and findings:


Included are some delicious golden Freshwater Pearls, some interesting chunky Turquoise beads, Russian Amozonite chips, red Glass, and a baggie full of copper and pewter findings and beads.  I learned what I could about Michelle and settled on sending her items I had not seen her work with, yet are subtle enough that she would likely wear her piece!

My package is en-route and I can't wait to see what's in it!  I will post pictures the moment it arrives!!

Have a wonderful day and Namaste!







16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bead soup you sent! And all labeled so nicely. Sometimes I"m not sure about a component (type of stone), so it is so nice that you shared all of that info.
    Looking forward to seeing your bead soup! I know it will be great...your partner sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hopefully I got all the stones correct!! I'm looking forward to my soup too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Tibetan beads! I spent ages at the Tibetan table at Bead and Button last year and have been hoarding. You were generous in your copper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of Tibetan beads until not that long ago. I got a really good deal on the copper and was happy to share! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the ingredients for a fine kettle of soup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beads you sent and I like the way you though about her style. I am so anxious to know what my partner thinks when she gets them and me too. Waiting to see our work in March. Take care. Dita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra *waves*....I lived in Calgary for quite a few years (brrrrrr)
    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I did indeed receive a feast of goodies for my soup...now to figure out what they want to be
    :-)
    Hoping you get yours soon! Durn customs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors in those beads! Can't wait to see what you receive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made it through everybody's blogs! Thanks for all your comments. There are so many talented artisans taking part - it's just amazing. I can hardly wait to see what everyone cooks up with their soup ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a pretty bead soup! I can't wait to see what your partner sent you.

    -- Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks fort he reply on my blog, Sandra. I love the Tibetan bead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you sent! Can't wait to see what she does with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty beads and findings you sent, I wonder what she will make? Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun batch of ingredients for the soup! Love the colors..:)

    ReplyDelete