Follow by Email

Friday, January 27, 2012

Technology Is Taking Over My Life!

Life was simpler when we were kids!  We had two channels to choose from on the television and if you wanted to talk to your friends you either called them on your parents telephone or you waited until you were at school where you could see them.  My how the times have changed!
My sister Laura, myself and my brother, Rob! About '75.
 Telephones are now hand-held computers and we have the world at our fingertips.  The internet was unheard of not that long ago and now the whole world runs on it!  I'm afraid that if I don't stay on top of technology I'll get left behind like the folks with 'rabbit ears' on their old televisions did.  Or, like my darling mother-in-law.  This is what she says to me when asking about her granddaughter:  "Have you faxed Randi today"?  And by that she means have I text messaged with her!  The expression is now a standard joke in our household - she's just too cute to correct!

I'm fairly well acquainted with today's marvels of technology.  I know how to run my i-Phone, laptop and digital recorder.  Recently I took up blogging and become an internet retailer so I've learned how to use various software applications to create my website.  It was a huge learning curve for me but I succeeded!

It takes time and effort to stay on top of all the wonderful new applications available to enhance our online experience.  Every day there's another new one to add to my ever growing list of things to check that keep me from my daily chores!  Just in the past week I've discovered StumbleUpon, About.Me and Pinterest just to name a few!  I do use these applications for my bead searches and idea catalog, but I'm spending too much time looking instead of creating!  I'm going to have to draw the line somewhere and that's the task next week - to streamline my internet operation a bit so I can manage my time better.  Trying to retain all the log-in names and passwords is keeping me up at night!

I have to get at least one plug in here for my jewelry!  I've added a whole bunch of new pieces to my store including anklets, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.  Please check it out and leave a comment so I know you stopped by okay!






As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and Namaste!


14 comments:

  1. Love it Sandra everything looks so lovely!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Sandra!!!! Do you do anything that doesn't turn out glorious??? The love and joy of what you do translates into the beauty of your work, and that is in more than one area of your life!!! Cudos for doing what you came here to do - Live life to the fullest, Love with all your heart and soul, Laugh out loud, Create from your Heart and Enjoy every moment!!!! Cheers to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love those earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly like you some times- very overwhelmed to stay on top of everything. But i came to learn that it is better to do what you like and do that passionately. It will show and you'll succeed. You have beautiful jewelry. Keep up the good work and your blog is nice too. Take care. Dita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dita, I appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on drawing the line on all the different social media sites. I don't Twitter, and I don't have an iphone (my cell phone is just that, no extras). I have FB page but very seldom visit there. Blogging keeps me busy enough, along with pinterest. Finding time to create is difficult enough without all these extras!

    Love all the pieces you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what Alice......the more things I get drawn into the more fun I'm having. It's a good thing I don't have a day job or I'd never get to sleep!!!

      And thank you!

      Delete
  7. I like those children photos you posted. It's a reminder for us to see how far we have become. Keep it up Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll add a recent picture of us 3 kids to that blog!

      Delete
  8. I love your Tibetan necklace! Welcome at my blog ;-). Hugs, Doris

    ReplyDelete