Follow by Email

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Social Media Connects Artists

As an artist, Social Media plays an important role in my daily life.  My routine is much like this every morning while sipping tea:  check e-mail accounts/answer; check store sales/comments; check blog stats/comments and review new posts on my followers list; prepare new blogs; review facebook pages; check ETSY listings for new beads and the list goes on and on like Stumble Upon, Pinterest and Twitter just to name a few more!

All these little things take time and effort but this is how I've learned to connect with my fellow artists.  Through the wonder of social media I'm able to nurture inspiring relationships with some phenomenal artists, stay up on jewelry design trends and share information back and forth with people I'd likely never be able to meet in 'real' life!

There's so much information at our fingertips and I'm taking full advantage of every available bit and byte out there.

Thanks for stopping in and Namaste!

Check this out!


3 comments:

  1. Sandra, your daily life routine sounds so much like mine. At times I think is it going any where- this social media thing? I mean it does not improve my etsy sale that much. Sometimes I think these are all jewelry artists, all creating jewelry like me...why on earth would they buy from me... but as you said I met some wonderful people and amazing artists in this journey.. and I am so thank ful for that. Namaste.

    Dita

    http://www.alankarshilpa.etsy.com
    http://www.alankarshilpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally get where you're coming from Dita! I've actually purchased jewelry from other artists. There's such a vast array to choose from that I can't or won't make myself. I'm finding that although sales are slow IN my store sales are GOOD word of mouth and that goes right back to my efforts at getting my brand out there through facebook and blogging! Friends like to look at my store than come to my home to see the real deal! They say nothing good comes and you reap what you sow. Come to think of it I don't think I've checked out your ETSY shop so I'll do that. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete