Follow by Email

Friday, March 2, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal Day

Reveal Day is here - join me while I show off my wares! But first a shout out to to thank Lori Anderson of Pretty Things, our wonderful hostess who managed to organize this bead swap for 200 participants, answer all our questions, keep us updated, and coach us in such a professional manner; all while keeping up an incredibly busy schedule and dealing with serious health issues. Kudos to you Lori - the Energizer Bunny!

My personal challenge with this bead swap was to think out of my comfort zone and create something that I wouldn't normally create and use as many, if not all of the beads I was given by my friendly partner Michelle Jensen of Six Petal Crafts. I decided on a asymmetrical necklace called "Red Canyon" designed with the toggle in the front as part of the focal. Oh, how I love it. I've worn it a couple of times already and find myself toying with it quite a bit.
Jasper Focal, Gun Metal Toggle, Chocolate Jade, Lava, Hematite, Jasper Diagonals, Red Tiger Eye, Czech Daggers, Silver Rings, Rubies and Vintage Upcycled Brown Seed Beads

Going through my stash I realized that I had a really cool red tiger eye flower focal and decided to use it in this bracelet along with the lava beads and some of my favorite silver bracelet beads.
Red Tiger Eye Flower Focal, Rubies, Lava and Silver Beads

Why stop at one?  I wanted to use all the beads so I saved out 2 of the big tiger eyes for the earrings and set about making this 2-strand bracelet.  I added the big gun metal bead and some hematite from my stash and voila!
Gun Metal Focal, Red Tiger Eye, Chocolate Jade, Lava, Jasper, Hematite and Ruby

Here are the earrings.
Red Tiger Eye and Czech Daggers

So, these are my creations from the bead swap that I'm very proud to display.  This is a set I will keep for myself.  I look forward to doing more of this kind of thing.  Here's the beads before I started working with them!
Red Tiger Eye, Gun Metal Toggle, Silver Rings, Silver Beads, Lava, Ruby, Czech Daggers, Jasper Diagonals, Chocolate Jade and the Jasper Focal!

And here's my favorite picture of the Red Canyon collection completed!
 Pretty Amazing I Would Say!



Here's the list of participants - feel free to check out ALL of our works!!  We Are Global!

Hostess, Lori Anderson Special Book Sneak Peeks, Cindy Wimmer
1.  Adlinah Kamsir (Singapore) and Hajer Waheed (Kingdom of Bahrain)
2. Adrienn Lukacs (Hungary) and Agata Grygiel (Poland)
3.  Agi Kiss (Hungary) and Carolien Muller-Genger (the Netherlands)
4.  Agnes Asztalos (Hungary) and B.R. Kuhlman
7.  Alicia Marinache (Canada) and Dita Basu
15.  Bonnie Coursolle (Canada) and Fay Wolfenden (Canada)
16.  Carmel McGinley (Australia) and Tracy Stillman (Australia)
21.  Cheryl Brown (Canada) and Diana Ptaszynski
22.  Christina Stofmeel (the Netherlands) and Eva Kovacs (Hungary)
24.  Cilla Watkins (Canada) and Elaine Robitaille (Canada)
25.  Sabrina Straub (Switzerland) and Kathy Combs
32.  Dee Elgie (UK) and Joanne Lockwood (UK)
33.  Dian Hierschel (Germany) and Eniko Fabian (Austria)
37.  Doris Stumpf (Germany) and Eszter Czibulyas (Hungary)
39.  Elke Leonhardt-Rath (Germany) and Marjolein Trewavas (UK)
41.  Erika Nooteboom (the Netherlands) and Giorgia Rossini (Italy)
43.  Evelyn Duberry (Canada) and Gaea Cannaday
45.  Ginger Bishop (military, Okinawa) and Martina Nagele (Germany)
48.  Helene Goldberg (Australia) and Karen Vincent
54.  Joanna Matuszczyk (Poland) and Julianna Kis (Hungary)
55.  Joanne Tinley (UK) and Michaela Pabeschitz (Austria)
65.  Kristina Johansson (Sweden) and Penny Neville (Canada)
66.  Krisztina Erlaki-Toth (Hungary) and Nicole Keller (Germany)
76.  Lori Finney (Canada) and Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp (Canada)
78.  Marta Kaczerowska (Poland) and Milla Starchik (Canada)
83.  Michelle Jensen and Sandra Young (Canada)
92.  Rosa Maria Cuevas (Mexico) and Tejae Floyde
93.  Sabine Dittrich (Germany) and Sally Russick
95.  Shanti Johnson and Tracy Mok (Canada)
97.  Sonya Stille and Traci Zeller (Canada)
98.  Stefanie Teufel (Germany) and Tania Hagen (New Zealand)

114 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Sandra! You made that soup go a long way, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi - I thought I stretched it too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work. Loveing all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Textile Queen - thank you very much.

      Delete
  3. Your Red Canyon collection is great! I really like how the first bracelet turned out. That flower focal is very very pretty. I can see why you're keeping the whole set for yourself :-). Thanks for being first to visit and comment on my BSBP post, I'm glad you liked what I did with that ceramic egg bead. It's strange but pp seem to like the best too. Huh, who'd have thought it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adlinah - there's just something about green with me! Thank you for stopping by. Many people like that flower focal!

      Delete
  4. they are all great!
    I'm another partecipant from Italy, I'm trying to visit all of you.
    this was really a great experience!
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in Jo!
      I succeeded in visiting everyone and had a blast doing so too.
      Ciao

      Delete
  5. Sandra, your collection is wonderful! I especially felt in love with the two bracelets - each one of them! And I could imagine, the necklace is an absolutely eye-catcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Love, Peace & Happiness to You!

      Delete
  6. Pretty amazing, indeed, Sandra! All of them are gorgeous, I like the idea of making a complete set with your beads. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say pretty amazing too! I love it all Sandra. I hope you enjoy wearing it all. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm wearing it now cuz my sister is already hounding me to borrow it!

      Delete
  8. I too like the idea of a complete set. My favorite is the double wrapped bracelet.
    Cilla ( #24)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cilla - that double strand is going to be a favorite in my jewelry box for sure!

      Delete
  9. Hi Sandra!! The pieces look awesome! You did a great job and no one would ever know you worked "outside your comfort zone".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's a nice hat! Got one like it myself! And, thank you!

      Delete
  10. I think you did a great job with your bead mix!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Sandra! Loving the focal bead necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun soup! I like the flower bracelet best :)

    [Just a heads up - a lot of blogspotters aren't even aware of this - but your captcha is on if you want to change the settings. It happened to me :( ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi - I truly did have a lot of fun creating that set and was practically giddy when I discovered that flower focal in my stash!

      That stupid captcha thing slays me - it's not on yet it's on. Oh well!

      Delete
  13. Hi, I love your soup! I wasn't lucky enough to be able to participate in this soup party but I've posted about my favourite soup mixes and hope you don't mind that I've added a link to your soup.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb - I don't mind at all - I welcome you!!! Join in the fun - you'll get in on the next one.

      Delete
  14. Sandra,

    Beautiful pieces! I love that you created an entire line. :)

    -- Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandra, I love the Red Canyon collection name. that's so perfect for this collection. And even the name draws me in... Southwest style is very appealing to me. Your asymmetrical necklace is stunning! I feel like you...I've worn all of my pieces and feel rather attached to them at the moment. So, in my personal stash they will stay for now. Or maybe forever? I'm a lover of green, so it may be hard for me to part with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn - last fall we were walking along a red canyon on rocks that resembled that focal so I had to call it that!

      Delete
  16. Great use of your soup, everything looks great both separately and together. The colors and beads really work together well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, what a nice ensemble you have created for yourself!!! I'm sure you will enjoy wearing them, and will get plenty of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a great job meeting this challenge. I'm so glad you remembered that flower piece. It turned out to be my favorite of the ones you made. Overall, they're all very beautiful pieces though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I feel really good about this challenge!

      Delete
  19. That flower bracelet is really lovely, and the necklace would be super fun to wear. I bet you'll get tons of compliments on it. :D Great set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower bracelet seems to be a favorite! Thank you!

      Delete
  20. You did a marvelous job! I like the clasp on the side and the beads in the middle of the flower! Well done.

    I hope you'll join me again in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori and you can bet I'll join you this summer!! This is just way too fun. Good for this beaders soul.

      Delete
  21. I've got to say, the bracelets are my favorites. You did some very nice things with the neutral palette.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great designs! I am totally in love with the second bracelet. So pretty. I love the earthiness of all your designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A girl after my own heart- I love asymmetry and you do it so well!!
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathie - my first crack at it - might have to do more of it!!

      Delete
  24. They are all pretty amazing. Great work. :) I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  25. The necklace looks very elegant, love the focal! I love the bracelet wit hthe flower focal too, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elegant! Thank you so much! Gotta get me more of those flower focals!

      Delete
  26. love the flower focal you added to the first bracelet! really cool way to use it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great name for the collection of jewelry you made from your bead soup, Red Canyon. You'll have fun wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing work, I would be proud to wear this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your Red Canyon collection! Beautiful work, I love all of the designs! The asymmetry in the necklace is great, and each piece compliments each other really well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a stunning collection! Each piece is so unique, yet they integrate beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the suite of jewelry you made. Wonderful palate too! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your collection! Great colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very pretty! I love the striped agate pendant on the first necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - my partner did a great job putting that soup together I think!

      Delete
  34. I love the three designs in this collection, you did a wonderful job using your bead soup ingredients. The flower focal is very interesting and makes a statement in your bracelet. Love it!
    Cheers!
    Lori D.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your necklace came out so cool! I have to say that I like the red tiger eye flower bracelet the best..that bead is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  36. so cool, I especially like the bracelet with the large flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam - I'm looking for more of that flower focal!

      Delete
  37. Love your two strand bracelet. Looks fun to wear and an attention grabber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary - it's flashy for sure!

      Delete
  38. Sandra, your pieces are beautiful. I love that you named them. The focal and the clasp are so pretty together. And, those bracelets - just beautiful. I can see why you are so proud of them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean! Having to share what I made really pushed my creativity to a new level - love that.

      Delete
  39. That focal point is so beautiful! You did an amazing job with it. Also, I totally want to steal that bracelet with the flower focal. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  40. You did a great job! I love everything, but I think the 2 strand bracelet may be my favorite, but then again, I love the flower focal bracelet as well! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari - luckily I have 2 wrists and wear one on each!! Thank you!

      Delete
  41. Oh my gosh, everything is so pretty! I think the flower focal bracelet is my favorite, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the asymmetrical "Red Canyon"! The bracelets are stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the flower bracelet! Great job with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, what a stunning collection. My favorite is the necklace. I love the circles and placement of the toggle; adds a very artistic element to it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is certainly a collection of beauties you have made! I am particularly drawn to the multi-strand bracelet - it is just gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Really lovely jewellery! I like the asymmetrical design of the necklace. Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love how your collection comes complete with a name! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I always name the 'special' pieces/collections!

      Delete
  48. I love how you named your pieces! great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  49. the flow of your design is interesting. I love the depth the clasp on the side creates~Peace

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the boldness of this set!!! And that asymmetrical design with that beautiful clasp up front is just too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. So pretty. My fav is your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the asymmetrical necklace! Really fab - the chain is to die for. My favourite is the flower bracelet - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I had fun creating that chain!

      Delete
  53. All of the pieces are very pretty but my favorite is the daisy bracelet...I LOVE IT!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gosh, I would say pretty amazing too! i love your red tiger eye flower focal in the bracelet, looks very nice with the other beads. beautiful work! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love your pieces! You've done a wonderful job of highlighting the elements.

    ReplyDelete