Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Soup de Bead!

My Bead Soup Blog Partner, Tracy Choy has received her package so I am now able to reveal the contents!  Please scroll through to see all the luscious beauties that I sent out for Tracy to create with!


Since beginning bead swaps I've been putting away some of my most coveted bead sets just for this purpose.  Given the time of year (busy, busy, busy) Tracy & I didn't get to spend a lot of time getting to know one another before having to send our soup packages off.  So, I went with my gut.  Every girl loves pink doesn't she?  And purple is the color of creativity plus I know she loves pearls.  The idea is to try something new and think out of the box.  So, this is what I put together:

A beautiful Impression Jasper Focal about 2" in length. 




I think it's rather impressive!
A selection of free form or Rough Cut Impression Jasper

















Some Muscavite Brio's....there's a hint of green in them that sparkles in the light - so pretty!















I added some cocoa brown Freshwater Pearls, Rhodonite Rounds and Faceted Crazy Lace Agate.




The rules state that the focal bead and clasp must be used in our creation so naturally you want to select a clasp that's a touch above the ordinary.    I hoped that Tracy hadn't seen/used this one before.  I love the simplicity and elegance of this clasp.  It's not overly big either which, for some reason I thought Tracy would like.


To finish off this soup I also included the fixings for earrings!


Impression Jasper drops about 1" or so in length.



Sterling Silver Earring Wires.  A simple, classy design.














Well, what do you think?

Please stop by Tracy's blog at Bumble Bead Designs to see her reaction to her soup contents, okay!

Also:  Tracy & I will be revealing our finished designs on August 11th so bookmark my blog, subscribe or join the network so you don't miss this!!!

Thanks for dropping by today and Namaste!


2 comments:

  1. I am freaking out over the free form impression jasper and the muscovite! I haven't been able to find that stone for awhile and consider them treasures.
    You were very generous for your partner and I look forward to seeing your own creations.
    Nice to meet you and Happy Blog Hopping!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete