Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vacation, Guilty Pleasures, Lori Anderson, Prima Beads!


Welcome Back!  It's been a glorious summer here in Northern Alberta.  We had just enough rain to keep things green and no grass hoppers to raid the garden.

I'm just back from a late summer vacation.  Hubby and I packed up our holiday trailer and headed west to Vancouver Island for a month.  The weather was wonderful, the food was exemplary and the company - the finest!

I finally got to see some of my creations in the display case at the Messenger's Emporium.
The proprietress of the Messenger's Emporium on Vancouver Island - Corinne Roby.
@ Butchart Gardens in Victoria BC, Corinne Roby Photo
Me & Hubby @ Butchart Gardens, Photo Corinne Roby
Even on vacation, I carve out as much time as I can for my beading obsession!  Hubby caught me!
I couldn't help myself.  A quiet lake, nobody around, choice seating....I had to get my stuff out!  Wouldn't you if you could?  Hubby kayaked, I created!  Just the way I like it!
I came across this on facebook.  Isn't it true?  Love this.
I just received my copy of Lori Anderson's book, Bead Soup: 32 Projects Show What Happens When 26 Beaders Swap Their Stash.  Oh my goodness it's a great book!  So very inspiring.  Get yours here.  I've already created two beautiful pieces.  Thanks for the inspiration Lori.



My take on Lori's bracelet on page 69.  Love mixed metals!
Lori's Book - she's a very inspiring woman.

While I was away I received an e-mail from Prima Beads.  They are going to be sending me out a goody box.  I can't wait to get it!  And I can't wait to hear more about their desire to partner with me on social media channels.  More on this later. 

Fall is definitely in the air and that means it's time to get back on track and that means more blogging and more creating!  So stay tuned!  I'll have lots to share with you.  Thanks for dropping by and Namaste!






1 comment: