Follow by Email

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mexico, Jewlery and Arctic Weather!


Hello everybody and greetings of the season!  Doesn't December just fly by?   My husband and I spent the first 2 weeks in Puerto Vallarta - our #1 favorite holiday destination.  I only took a few pictures and they were mostly of iguanas.  There were a lot of them running around the hotel grounds.  So many in fact that you just kinda got used to them!
This big guy was probably a good 6' long with his tail.
He let me get pretty close but I didn't trust him enough to get closer!
So prehistoric looking!
My husband Robert & I on vacation.

We returned home on the 16th, which gave me just enough time to prepare for promoting my jewelry at a local clothing store in Valleyview, called 'Main Attraction'.  My product was well received and I had a great time visiting with folks for three days before Christmas.



The first thing you saw was me when you walked through the doors of 'Main Attraction'!
But.....the reality is this.  It's winter in Northern Alberta and we woke up to a very frigid -35 degrees this morning! Just a short while ago we were in a climate that was 30 degrees ABOVE zero - such a huge swing!  It can always be worse I guess, but not much!  Anyways, I'm a tough grandma and I donned all my winter apparel and braved the weather and after tending to my chickens and packing in the day's supply of firewood I went for a walk on our sled-groomed trail.  Thirty-five minutes of cardio with my dogs!  This is no easy feat.  Were I to slip off the trail, the snow is up past my hips.  Plus we have a young moose that's hanging around the farm so I have to be wary.
This is not for the faint of heart!
Winter is my time to stock pile jewelry.  Okay, who am I trying to kid?  Beading is an all-season addiction!  This is what I created last night and this morning.  Guess I was in a bracelet kind of mood!

Well, I just wanted to get back into the swing of things and get y'all caught up!  I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog!

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment